In the time since February 18, 2001, anyone who has read a newspaper or magazine, looked at a TV, listened to the radio or logged onto the internet knows about Dale Earnhardt.
This is a simple collection of photos and quotes, browse through here and enjoy.
Ralph Lee Earnhardt and his wife, Martha (Coleman) worked hard to build a legacy for their racing family. While Martha stayed at home raising Cathy, Kaye, Dale, Randy and Danny, their father was out winning races where he gained the nickname, "Mr. Consistency."
One time, Ralph went off to a race at Daytona without Martha. The kids were doing their best to try her nerves. She grabbed the belt and started swinging at whoever she could hit. Dale finally hollered out to his brothers, Randy and Danny, "Boys , run y'all, mom's gone crazy."
February 1998, The David Letterman Show
Top ten Reasons it took me, Dale Earnhardt, 20 years to win the Daytona 500
As presented by 1998 Daytona 500 Winner, Dale Earnhardt.
10. It took me 19 years to realize I had the emergency brake on.
9. Finally rotated and balanced my moustache.
8. Quit training with the Canadian snowboarding team.
7. Stopped letting my 300-pound cousin Ricky ride shotgun.
6. New strategy: pretend I'm Dave driving home on the Merritt Parkway.
5. Who cares that it took me 20 years -- at least my name isn't Dick Trickle.
4. Just figured out that if you mash the gas pedal all the way down, the car takes off like a son-of-a-bitch.
3. My new pit crew -- The Spice Girls.
2. This year whenever I passed somebody I gave them the finger.
1. My secret to success: one can of motor oil in my engine, one can of motor oil in my pants!
Thanks for sharing my page
FAIR USE NOTICE: This web page may contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This page is operated under the assumption that this non-profit use on the Web constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Any text or images that you feel need to be removed please contact me.
Please Click Here for Garth Brook's Musical Tribute to Dale